Monday, July 13, 2009

Last Days in Taiwan

Hello folks,

I've reached my last day in Taiwan.

Here are some of my "goodbye" photos from Changhua.

This is my bellydancing class: they gave me a belt and a set of bellydancing clothes to encourage me to continue when I return to the US. Very sweet. Our teacher (center) looks like she's 20 but has a child that old! I couldn't believe it.


I randomly decided to perm my hair:



I went to Neurosurgery again. This is me with a piece of skull we're about to put back in:



My last night in Changhua. We went to sing karaoke.


I busted out "Yue Liang Dai Biao Wo De Xin," my one Chinese song.



The send off crew at the train station:



After arriving in Kaoshiung, my family took me to Kanting, the most southern tip of Taiwan. It was really beautiful, with brilliant colors and a vacation atmosphere.


My aunt and uncle had fun pretending to carry me on a traditional wedding palanquin.



We came back and the next day, we went to Mei Shan (Plum Mountain). The weather was MUCH cooler (we were above 1000 m from sea level). Taiwan really has diverse geography.


This is a swinging bridge over a gorge. It was far enough down that you probably could bungee jump off of it. It lead to a traditional village for Taiwanese aborigines (Austronesian people).

We just arrived from Mei Shan and I'm getting my bags ready for the plane tomorrow morning. I hope my luggage is not going to be overweight!

No comments:

Post a Comment