Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Arrived in Changhua City Taiwan

My father and RV just dropped me off in Changhua City, Taiwan after a weeklong whirlwind tour of the island, visiting relatives and seeing the sites. I will be living in a dormitory a short bus ride away from the hospital. It is full of other people doing clerkships at Changhua Chistian Hospital (CCH) as well.

The dormitory was quiet bare when we arrived, so Dad helped me go out and purchase a mattress, bed linens, toilet paper, every little and large necessary item. Now I'm all settled in and looking forward to my orientation tomorrow. I have forgotten a good deal of Chinese from when I was living in Beijing, so it's a little intimidating. Everyone speaks very quickly, mixes in Taiwanese and then looks at me expectantly. Hahaha.

The neighborhood I am living in is much like other parts of Taiwan. Lots of apartment buildings, narrow streets, small shops, cars parked randomly on the side of the road, motor scooters, etc. I like how busy it is and how much is going on ("hen re nao").

I'll try to upload some photos tomorrow from our trip of last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment