Saturday, June 20, 2009

Night Market!

Hello again!

This weekend has been a busy one for me.

Yesterday, I went out to a Taiwanese glass museum and then to the Great Buddha park to see the view of the city and an old WWII Taiwanese air plane.







We then had fun posing with different statues:





Afterwards, we went to "Dog Shit" Night Market (no joke about the name...not sure why they wanted to make it so appealing), and I had a GREAT time!! It's super hot and humid but night markets are so much fun! They have lots of wonderful and weird things to eat, many games to play and little things to buy.

This is a handmade mini version of Plinko, where you roll a marble up the side of this board and it makes its way down a labyrinth of nails. You have to get one marble in each slot at the bottom and you win a prize!

I won 3 drinks. One of them is asparagus flavor. I can't wait! ;)

I had fun shooting baskets. They are SO FAST here, shooting with left and right hands to get the most baskets possible in the shortest amount of time.



This was so much fun! I wish we had night markets in the US!

1 comment:

  1. Beware the revenge of the night market--in my case tropical sprue, H. Pylori infection, ETC (if you know what I mean!)

    ReplyDelete