Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Photos from the first week in Taiwan

Hello everyone!

Here are some photos from the week of travel I spent with my dad and RV in Taiwan.

While we were in Kaoshiung, we stayed in a really nice apartment that belongs to a family friend .

We spent a really nice day riding bicycles along the "Love River" in Kaoshiung. It was hot and humid, but then it started raining a little bit and it was really refreshing. We biked to my dad's old medical school and saw the dormitory where he and my mother met: Luke Hall.



After that, we biked to a ferry that took us to another island, where RV ate stinky tofu (which he didn't like, despite the fact that they say "smells bad tastes goooood"). Then he ate squid on a stick, which he did really like. We biked to the ocean and watched it for awhile before returning back to the apartment.







The next day, we took the train to Tai-Dong, where my dad's cousin lives. But more on that later.

3 comments:

  1. I loved the pictures :-) I'm glad you guys are having fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Is this Chi Jing Beach near Kaohsiung? Daddy and I loved to go there. The sand was black and so HOT you could hardly walk on it in the summer

    ReplyDelete
  3. The building which is two shades of green with a red brick stairway is Luke Hall where Daddy and I met

    ReplyDelete